Dealer Sales Executive
This role is responsible for the implementation of the dealer sales strategy to ensure the achievement of dealer sales targets for all TKEN brands assigned.
- Implement Dealer development strategies to increase profitability and increase the market share for the TKEN brands;
- Provide input into the development of the dealer management budget to ensure the budget is well informed and timely;
- Supervise the Dealer developer executive teams in the regions to ensure a motivated and high performing team.
- Support set dealer action plans to increase of sales, TKEN brands presence, market share and profitability;
- Schedule dealers to carry out and report back on marketing and relationship activities like roadshows and promotions to grow territory sales numbers and brand presence;
- Approve and process vehicle deliveries to dealers ensuring TKEN guidelines have been complied with before delivery is done.
- Share operational reports and updates with dealers to enable them operate smoothly with minimum callbacks to TKEN for information
- Monitor all dealer accounts for sales to ensure full compliance with the TKEN guarantee limits
- Identify dealership training needs and gaps and recommend the appropriate training solutions to bridge the gaps;
- Evaluate dealer’s business performance in terms of sales numbers, marketing activities, action plans etc
- Visit dealers on a quarterly basis to monitor progress on pre agreed action plans;
- Monitor and report on TKEN dealer compliance with dealer contract/agreements to ensure any deviations are attended to in a timely manner;
- Manage all operational issues amongst dealers to ensure minimal disruptions to business operations;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- Diploma in Sales, Marketing or Business management from a recognised institution.
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- 3 years of working experience in sales, sales administration, sales planning or marketing, with track record of delivery
- Marketing department.
- After sales department.
- Finance department.
- Logistics department.
- Dealers/ Dealer sales staff
- Financial institutions [Banks. SACCOS, MFIs]
- County Government officials
- TKEN Suppliers
- High Computer proficiency,
- Knowledge of Budgeting
- Basic technical knowledge on Vehicles/Motorcycles
- Driving Skills
- Report Writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Business acumen– knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the market place
- Strategic agility – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Perspective – Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Technical learning – Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
- Quality decisions – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of your solutions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time
- Problem solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is excellent at honest feedback; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Interpersonal skills – Is self aware, and has ability to relate with people across all levels of seniority as appropriate, to ensure achievement of personal targets
- Organisational positioning skills – Understanding of organisation structure both formal and informal, is sensitive to how people and organisations function; anticipates where the landmines are and plans his/her approach accordingly; views politics as a necessary part of organisational life and works to adjust to that reality.
- Energy and drive – Has speed and agility: taking quick and timely action; seizes more opportunities than others, pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain