Process & Quality Engineer
This position is responsible for the provision of technical support to assembly plants and quality management of new vehicle processes.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Supervise and monitor quality of all vehicles before delivery to the customer to enhance customer satisfaction.
- KD project preparation support from process and equipment planning, design, fabrication to installation and trial production of Vehicles.
- Inspect and check quality of buses and trucks during and after fabrication in accordance to manufacturer, NTSA and KEBS guidelines.
- Supervise body building to ensure the shortest lead times are taken in order to improve customer satisfaction on service delivery.
- Carry out a monthly evaluation and grading of existing body builders to keep them on check.
- Approve payments for body builders after delivery of units to TKEN, to ensure payments are only done for quality services delivered.
- Develop weekly status reports for various units at body building to assist manage the delivery times as well as performance.
- Resolve customer complaints on body related issues to enhance customer satisfaction and retention.
- Support manufacturing capability improvement at the assembly plants.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing group to ensure on-going production schedules meet short-term vehicle orders and longer-term customer demand requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- A minimum of Degree in Automobile, Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution.
- Auto CAD certification.
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- 6 years of relevant experience from a recognized organization.
- General Manager
- Sales Managers
- Aftersales Managers
- Sales Team
- Aftersales Team
- Finance department
- Human Resource Department
- Logistics Team
- Body Builders
- NTSA inspectorate
- Service providers (Airband, K & N, G4S and Infama)
- Special Product developers (Pipeman)
- Computer Literacy
- Automotive Technical knowledge
- Toyota facility guidelines & management
- Knowledge on the current telematics as provided in the market
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Innovation – Ability to come up with new and better ways of working to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Time management – Ability to use time effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to build rapport and constructive and effective relationships with colleagues and customers
- Customer focus – Establishes and maintains effective relationship with both internal and external customers, to gain their trust and respect
- Ethics and values – Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs, and in alignment with the TKEN values
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain