CFAO Motors Kenya limited (Formerly Toyota Kenya Limited) is a subsidiary of CFAO group, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho Corporation.
We provide Mobility solutions to our customers including New Vehicles Sales, Preowned vehicles(Automark), Service maintenance, Spare Parts & Accessories, and Fleet Management Solutions.
We are the distributor of new Toyota and Suzuki brands, HINO trucks and Yamaha Motorbikes in Kenya.
Through our Winpart Division, we offer our Customers a wide range of new multibrand Aftermarket (IAM) Automotive products and our Autofast service centers we offer Multibrand quick service car maintenance services.
Over the years, the company has grown to be the leader in the Automotive industry in Kenya. Our Vision is to be the Company where Customers love to visit, and people love to work.
With the business growth and in line with our business strategy, we are seeking to recruit a qualified, passionate and self-driven candidate to fill the vacant position of Legal Manager, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, and based in Nairobi.
The main purpose of the role is to develop and implement Legal strategy of the different CFAO automotive companies in Kenya in line with CFAO guidelines and in compliance with the local legislation.
He/she offers legal support to mainly Automotive management, manages legal risks, reviews all legal cases, contracts and prepare corporate documentation to ensure compliance to statutory, legal and the operating environment.
Main responsibilities for the role include;
- Development and implementation of the legal strategy.
- Lead the legal function, controls and the corporate governance: prepare corporate documentation in line with CFAO HQ Legal Department guidelines.
- Review and prepare the different commercial contracts, mainly in distribution, real state in line with CFAO HQ legal Department guidelines.
- Manage and follow up on all litigations and court cases to ensure timely responses and actions to mitigate legal risks and exposures.
- Coordinate delivery of legal services by third parties to ensure innovation, continuous improvement efficient legal operations model to support the business.
- Review legal documents to ensure compliance to the law and the CFAO policies and procedures.
- Anticipate and plan for all legal risks and develop strategies to mitigate the same and drive sustainable growth.
- To prepare the legal section annual budgets and ensure proper expense control
- Liaise with HQ legal team for any group legal compliance requirements and guidance, and to provide functional reporting.
- Act as legal business partner and Company Secretary.
- Accountability for the local brand protection and legal operations to CFAO Legal department.
- To create and manage a local legal team and adaptation of Company guidelines to local legal requirements.
Minimum qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Diploma in Law (Kenya school of Law) and a valid practicing certificate.
- Practicing certificate issued by Institute of Certified Public secretaries
- Minimum 10 years’ experience practicing commercial law
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A good working knowledge in the following legal areas – corporate law Commercial Contracts, product liability, IP, employment matters, Consumer Law, Real State law, Environmental Law, Litigation, Marketing, Sales, distribution and competition law, mergers and acquisition.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Applications close on Wednesday 7th December 2022.
*We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified candidates to fill the form below.